Friday, May 31, 2013

Prayers and Unicorns


Y'all. This past year has been hard. 365 days and some change ago I was a high school English teacher, surrounded by my family and friends, and a New Orleanian. For most of the last 365 days I've been none of those things. I will never be at least one of those things ever again. I tried to roll with the punches as every single thing about my whole life changed. And for a while I was good with rolling. But some days were hard. Really hard. Call your mom and sob, "I want my old life back" hard.

It was on days like that that I had to convince myself that someday there would be a reward for the rough times. Someday something would work out the way we hoped. The way I prayed. Someday there would be something good.

That someday might be here. One small piece of the puzzle might fit the way we want it to fit. There are, of course, larger pieces that I hope end up fitting the way we want, but this small piece would make me so very happy. It would go a long way to helping the larger pieces fall into place one day.

It's very probable that this will happen. But I can't let the words of what it is leave my lips until I'm certain that it will. So until then we could use some prayers/thoughts/good vibes/unicorns that it will work out.

And if when it does work out, I'll let y'all know what it is.

1 comment:

  1. Ill send out the unicorns. You deserve everything you want...whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete