Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tried and True Pinterest Recipes

Hi. I've been a little MIA this week. Part of it is that I spent three days visiting my husband who is currently doing a med school rotation in another part of the state. Dr. T and I spent a lot of time apart before we got married because he was away at school and I was living in our hometown educating the youth of America. So we're used to being apart. Except that during the past year we've only spent about three days apart, so I got kind of accustomed to being around him. I miss him. I also miss the things he does for me like picking up my cups and dishes after a meal and taking out the trash and doing my laundry. Seriously, I haven't done laundry in the three weeks since we parted.

The other reason I have been MIA is that, in true Louisiana fashion, I've been drinking four out of the last six days. This state is bad for my liver. But so good for my soul.

So since I figured no one would want to hear about four days of alcohol consumption I thought I'd share some tried and true Pinterest recipes that I've found. I love to cook. However, before my days as a married woman I'd never cooked more than grilled cheese and red beans and rice. Insert Pinterest into my life. I figured anyone could follow a recipe, right? So I took to the kitchen with my laptop never far and made things that were actually edible. Tasty, even! Here are my three favorite and most often used recipes that I've discovered on Pinterest and some notes of my own little touches that I add.

Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Via kraftrecipes.com
This recipe is all over the interwebs in various forms. This is my favorite version because it uses cream cheese instead of ricotta cheese. Sue me, but I hate ricotta cheese with a fiery passion. The texture is just gross to me. So two points for this recipe using cream cheese. My addition to this recipe is that I add a handful of Italian seasoning to the mixture. It's pretty bland without so I'd definitely recommend it. I also always sautee my spinach in olive oil and garlic before adding it to recipes.
Click for recipe  


Chicken Enchilladas
Via asweetpeachef.com
I lurvvve Mexican food, but I'd never eaten enchilladas before trying this recipe. This is my husband's favorite thing for me to cook, but I don't make it very often because it can be a bit time consuming if you don't already have chicken cooked. I usually don't completely cover the tortillas with enchillada sauce or cheese because I like the ends of the tortillas to get super crispy.
Click for recipe



Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
Via rachaelraymag.com
This is delish. Rachael Ray can kind of get on my nerves, but I do have to say that I learned some basic cooking techniques from watching her on "30 Minute Meals" and this recipe is super yummy. I don't really measure when I make this recipe anymore, so my version is probably a lot cheesier than what the recipe calls for. I also turn the broiler on for the last two minutes of cooking to get a super crispy crust.
Click for recipe





So there you go, my top three fave recipes I've discovered via Pinterest. Once we get into the new apartment I will be trying out a lot of new recipes that I've come across lately, so I will definitely post the winners out of those. I also plan to start taking pictures as I cook and posting in depth recipes and instructions, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment