Thursday, May 30, 2013

*Steps up to microphone*
*Taps mic*

Is this thing on?

*Waves*

Hi blog readers!

My name is Courtney. I've started this blog partially because I love to write and partially because one day my husband said, "Hey, you should start a blog. You like cute things. And lots of people follow you on Pinterest."

This is true. Somehow, over 2,000 people follow me on Pinterest. I'm not really sure how that happened. Hopefully even some small portion of that number will read this little blog.

I am also blogging to chronicle the crazy stressful smash you head against the window delightful journey my husband and I are on while he is in med school. He's about to start fourth year, or what is known in the med school world as the time when you fill out lots of residency applications, pay lots of money for said applications, go all over doing electives and interviews, wait, wait, wait to see if you've matched with a residency program somewhere, and then one day (hopefully) find out where you and the wife who left her job, family, friends, and delicious hometown cuisine behind to follow you will be living for the next three to five years of your lives. It's kind of like riding one of those giant amusement park roller coasters that has a name like "Cyclone of Death" or "Screamin' Thunder" over and over again for four years of your life.

But fear not, this blog will feature other things besides me panicking and freaking out until Match Day. I'll post the progress as I decorate and DIY up my new apartment (it'll be the third new apartment in the third city I've lived in during the past nine months, but who's counting?), my job hunt as I look for and (hopefully) find a fabulous full-time job, random adventures with my best friend (which will include thrifting, couponing, a road trip to Houston to see the Backstreet Boys, and general hilariousness), and in general just chronicle this little day to day thing we call life.

Since we'll be sharing this little corner of cyber space together, here are some things you should probably know about me:

-As of June 9th, I will be 28 years old young.
-Exactly a week after that I will no longer consider myself a newlywed as I will have been married for one year.
-I don't drink milk.
-I lived in the Caribbean for two months.
-My husband and I have been together for seven years.
-I used to be a teacher and I've taught every high school grade at one point or another.
-I don't own a pair of tennis shoes. The closest thing I have is a pair of leopard print Sperry boat shoes. I'm that kind of person.
-I am a New Orleans girl through and through.
-I have a slight addiction to Coca-Cola.
-If left to my own devices I would monogram a large percentage of my clothes/home decor.
-My favorite color has always been pink and it looked like Pepto Bismol threw up at my wedding (in a good way).
-I currently work the front desk at a bridal salon part time.
-I am trying to remind myself daily that even though the past year of my life has been crazy, I am very, very lucky.

So there you have it, factual yet slightly random facts about me. If you're so inclined, follow me as I live my sweet, Southern life!

No comments:

Post a Comment